In search of: researchers, patients and community partners
TRANSFORM HF is set up to fund research into heart failure care and prevention that has translational potential and patient-centered design. We also fund projects by trainees focused on new digital technologies and community engagement to advance health equity.
This funding drives scientific, professional, entrepreneurial, and patient engagement or Indigenous health training and mentorship to get novel projects off the ground.
Competition closed March 2021.
Collaboration starter grants of up to $10,000 encourage, foster, and support members of our community working collaboratively on research and project proposals that align with the goals of TRANSFORM HF.
Requirements: Applicants must briefly describe their proposal and how it relates to our mission, and justify how the grant will be used (e.g., proposal development meetings, collaborative activities, facilitation, research proposal writing, editing, patient compensation). Applications must reflect diverse perspectives and disciplines in their pursuit of digital health innovations. Applicants must be investigators or trainees affiliated with TRANSFORM HF.
Training the next generation of heart failure digital health leaders
Competition closed June 2021.
Trainee awards support master’s, PhD, and postdoctoral level research that:
- Focuses on new approaches and models of care to address heart failure, rooted in technological solutions for digital medicine and remote patient management that are proactive, personalized, and empower Canadians to better manage their own health.
- Applies more than one of the following lenses: basic science, clinical practice, data science/machine learning, Indigenous health, lived experience, health systems, and policy change.
- Possesses near-term translational potential from labs to clinics and homes.
- Involves at least two co-supervisors from the TRANSFORM HF community affiliated with the University of Toronto, representing different disciplines.
Award levels are set at $18,000/year for master’s/PhD trainees and $40,000/year postdoctoral fellows. All are renewable for a second year, depending on progress and potential.
Competition will close on November 29, 2021.
TRANSFORM HF is offering Seed Grants to encourage, foster, and support members of our community working collaboratively on research proposals that align with our objectives. For 2021, three $50,000 grants are available, each with a unique focus theme and opportunity for investigation:
- Equity, diversity, accessibility, and inclusion in heart failure.
- Data science innovation in heart failure prevention, treatment, or care.
- Digital health (including virtual health, point-of-care testing, implantables, sensors, wearables, and apps) and heart failure.
Eligible applicants include all University of Toronto professorial staff affiliated with TRANSFORM HF and the institutions within the Toronto Academic Health Sciences Network and eligible to hold research funding at the University of Toronto or external funding partners.
Applications are due November 29, 2021. Funding is planned to begin January 2022 for one year, COVID-19 allowing. Funds must be spent by December 31, 2022.
Welcoming people who live with heart failure to join our mission.
TRANSFORM HF prioritizes new innovations in care that make actual differences on the ground. To that end, we encourage patients, caregivers and family members to get in touch with us. We need your help to plan the best research projects, test and conceptualize new technologies, participate in events, and explore how you think heart failure care should be improved.
Email us at email@example.com.