Are you interested in cardiovascular health ideation and research translation?
Are you considering entrepreneurship, but aren’t sure where to get started?
Introducing ECHO Discovery: a foundational education program designed to explore ideation, research translation, and commercialization.
What is ECHO Discovery?
ECHO Discovery aims to:
- Provide fundamental ideation, entrepreneurship, and research translation skills and expertise through theoretical and experiential training
- Connect and support a diverse and multi-sector network of early-career entrepreneurs and researchers, mentors, and key opinion leaders
- Guide exploration of career advancement within the cardiovascular space
- Ignite start-up formation
Who can participate in ECHO Discovery?
ECHO Discovery is for fourth-year undergraduate students and graduate students enrolled in a Canadian university, and post-doctoral and clinical fellows affiliated with the Toronto Academic Health Science Network who are interested in exploring research translation and entrepreneurship within the cardiovascular health sector but have limited understanding of how to proceed.
No ideas, start-ups, or previous experience are required to participate!
What is the format of ECHO Discovery?
ECHO Discovery is comprised of three foundational elements to support your journey:
- Ideate – Learn how to ground your ideas into innovation through an interactive ideation workshop series
- Inspire – Stoke the spark of inspiration by attending intimate fireside chats with leaders in the field
- Immerse – Soak up first-hand experience through competitive shadowing opportunities
What are the commitments and timing for participating in ECHO Discovery?
Participants accepted into the ECHO Discovery program are required to:
- Attend a program orientation session in January 2023
- Participate in each program element for six months, beginning in January 2023
- Attend a minimum of 80% of the program’s workshops and fireside chats
Program timing is as follows:
- Call for applications: October 2022
- Applications deadline: November 2022
- Notification of program acceptance: November 2022
- Program orientation: January 2023
- Program elements: January – June 2023
For more information and to apply to the program, visit the ECHO Discovery webpage.
ECHO Discovery is funded and organized by the Translational Biology & Engineering Program and TRANSFORM HF, at the University of Toronto and the Ted Rogers Centre for Heart Research.